Garfield County Commissioners are Dean Burton, Wynne McCabe and Robert Johnson. With all present Tuesday commissioners:
- AGREEMENT: Signed an agreement with Riedesel Engineering, Inc., of Lewiston for a safety project at the end of the Ben Day and Wildhorse roads. The project is not to exceed $35,000. Unanimous.
- ASSESSOR: Administered oath of office to Assessor Laura Smith, who was appointed to replace Colleen Ledgerwood. Smith will serve until the 2012 general election is certified. The position will be on the 2012 primary and general elections.
- CONTRACT: Signed contract with Correctional Risk Services of Brentwood, TN, for negotiation services to providers of medical care for prisoners who do not have medical insurance. The firm saved the county $1,682 in 2011. Unanimous.
- HEARING: Four members of the public spoke during a public hearing on the Voluntary Stewardship Program. They voiced opinions both in favor and against the program. Commissioners have until Jan. 22 to decide whether to opt into the program.
- CHAIRMAN: Voted to appoint Johnson as board chairman through June 30, with McCabe to assume the position in July through the end of the year. The dual position is to accommodate Johnson's farming schedule. Unanimous.