- FISH: Discussed letter commissioners plan to send to the director of the state Department of Fish and Wildlife regarding allocation spring Chinook salmon in the Columbia River. The commissioners' letter will contend the department discriminates against local anglers by permitting the allocated fish to be harvested before they reach Bonneville Dam.
- AGREEMENT: Discussed agreement with Asotin County to use the services of Garfield County engineer Grant Morgan until Asotin County hires a new engineer. The counties presently have an agreement signed in April 1998, but commissioners want to draft an updated agreement.
- WINDMILLS: Discussed board workshop set for Thursday, when commissioners will tour the Lower Snake River Wind Turbine project. Jay Takemura told commissioners the turbines are about to go on line. He also discussed mitigation for conservation programs and wildlife habitat affected by the wind towers. Takemura said Puget Sound Energy would prefer to pay mitigation funds directly to projects in Garfield County. The amount of money involved wasn't available Monday.
- STEWARDSHIP: Reviewed agreements signed by Asotin, Columbia and Kittitas counties regarding the voluntary stewardship program. Commissioners hope to have an agreement ready for a vote next week.
- NEXT MEETING: Commissioners will meet Tuesday, Jan. 17 due to the holiday Monday.