- HOSPITAL: Heard presentation by Garfield County Hospital CEO Andrew Craigie regarding the levy the hospital district is seeking in February.
- MODERNIZATION: Discussed details of the junior-senior high modernization, including the number of white boards to be installed, tests for a ground source heat pump, and cleaning and storage of stage curtains. Also discussed selling personalized pavers for $25 to $30.
- PERSONNEL: Hired Emily Heytvelt as assistant junior high volleyball coach. Unanimous.
- LEVY: Reviewed and revised flyer being prepared for distribution to the community regarding the maintenance and operation levy. The replacement levy is on the Feb. 14 ballot.
- BOARD DAY: Discussed board day Jan. 25. Events include a tour of the modernization project at noon. Persons wishing to buy lunch at school should phone the school to make reservations. There will be a board reception for school staff immediately after school, and the board will hold its regular meeting at 4:30 p.m., followed by a levy forum at 6:30 p.m.
- REALIGNMENT: Decided to wait until after the levy to select board officers for 2012.