WALLA WALLA - AARP Driver Safety Program classroom courses have been scheduled for January, February and March at various locations in Walla Walla, College Place and Dayton. AARP membership is not required. The eight-hour course is taught in one day or over two days. The fee is $14; or $12 for AARP members.
Completion of the course may qualify the driver for an auto insurance discount, under Washington state law.
The course teaches safe driving strategies and tips, how to handle distractions, aggressive drivers, driving with trucks, as well as emergevncy vehicle, bicycling and pedestrian traffic. Vehicle safety features, car fit and new technology also will be covered.
Courses will be held at:
- Walla Walla General Hospital, 1025 S. Second Ave., 1-5 p.m., Jan. 25 and 26 and March 29 and 30, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Dayton Senior Center, 403 E. Petit St., Dayton, 1:30-5:30 p.m., Feb. 9 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Feb. 10.
- Providence St. Mary Medical Center, 402 W. Poplar St. Walla Walla, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Feb. 15.
- Sonbridge Community Center, 1200 S.E. 12th St., College Place, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Feb. 27. Participants should bring a lunch.
- Park Plaza Retirement Residence, 1400 Dallas Military Road, Walla Walla, 9 a.m to 5:30 p.m., March 10.
For detail call 509-525-0641.