Garfield County Commissioners are Dean Burton, Wynne McCabe and Robert Johnson. With all present Monday commissioners:
- STEWARDSHIP: Decided to opt into the Volunteer Stewardship Program. Vote was 2-1 with Burton voting no.
- RSN: Signed letter to Greater Columbia Behavioral Health regional support network approving the RSN contracting directly with Quality Behavioral Health, that provides mental health services in Garfield County. The letter stipulates the county expects services be provided within Garfield County, and a liaison will be appointed to keep the county informed of activities of the RSN and Quality Behavioral Health. The letter is retroactive to Oct. 1, 2011.
- HOSPITAL: Discussed hospital levy with hospital board member Ray Hoffman.
- FISH: Signed letter to be sent to the state director of the department of Fish and Wildlife stating the county wants more Columbia River spring Chinook salmon be available for harvest upstream from Bonneville Dam.
- APPOINTMENTS: Reappointed Jennie Odell and Barbara McClanahan to three-year terms, and Frances Fanning to a two-year term on the regional Aging and Longterm Care board. Unanimous.
- PUBLIC HEALTH: Discussed the contract between the county and public health officer Dr. Timothy Moody. Also discussed option of using an online application for food handlers' permits.