Dayton School District board members are Marchand Hovrud, Steve Martin, Tamara Fritze, David Bailey and Joe Huether. With all present Wednesday, the board:
- Executive Session: The board entered executive session to discuss and review an evaluation of the superintendent.
- Public Hearing: Held public hearing on the 2012/13 school district budget.
- Reports: Heard reports from the superintendent on budget proposal, TPEP grant and strategic plan. Also heard report from business manager on current budget and cash flow.
- Policy Review: Reviewed proposed district policy updates regarding harassment, intimidation and bullying; electronic resources; meetings; agenda; school calendar; alternative learning experiences program; graduation requirements; and capital assets. Approved first readings. Unanimous.
- Capital Projects Budget: Approved resolution for capital projects budget extension. Unanimous.
- Budget: Approved school district budget for 2012/13.
- Evaluation: Tabled completion of superintendent evaluation until next meeting.
- Personnel: Approved hiring of Rick Hamilton as new athletic director. Unanimous.
- Employment Agreement: Approved employment agreement with classified employee group. Unanimous.