Men injured in fire caused by smoking

Advertisement

WALLA WALLA -- Two men were transported to Walla Walla General Hospital on Sunday night following a fire in a camp trailer at 609 S. 12th Ave.

According to Deputy Fire Chief Brad Morris, the fire caused roughly $6,000 in damage to the trailer and nearby home. The fires started shortly before 9:45 p.m. Sunday and was caused by "unsafe smoking practices."

Morris said and 80-year-old man was living in the trailer behind the residence owned by his 46-year-old son. Both men suffered burn injuries after the unidentified 46-year-old man entered the burning trailer to rescue his father.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

4 free views left!