Walla Walla County
- Roberto R. Arroyo, 21, 330 W. Chestnut St., was charged Feb. 27 with possession of a controlled substance by a prisoner and obstructing a law enforcement officer. Arroyo is accused of knowingly possessing marijuana while confined in the Walla Walla County Jail; and willfully hindering, delaying or obstructing a law enforcement officer on Feb. 21.
- Dustin J. Lefore, 25, 574 Ash St., was charged Feb. 27 with second-degree assault. Lefore is accused of intentionally assaulting a person on Feb. 24.
- Ryan A. Conner, 23, 836 Electric Ave., was sentenced Feb. 27 on one count third-degree rape of a child. The sentence included restitution to be determined, $200 in court costs, $46.10 in sheriff fees, $500 to the crime victims compensation fund, $775 in attorney fees, $975 evaluation fee, 365 days in the county jail, 14 months to five years in the custody of the Department of Corrections suspended, credit for 50 days served, community custody for the length of the suspended sentence. On Jan. 9 Conner pleaded guilty to engaging in sexual intercourse with a girl who was older than 14 years but younger than 16 years and he was at least 48 months older, on Oct. 6, 2007.
- Jonathan M. Marquez, 27, 427 Offner Road, was sentenced Feb. 27 on one count harassment. The sentence $200 in court costs, $62 in sheriff fees, $500 to the crime victims compensation fund, $775 in attorney fees, $100 biological fee, 30 days in the county jail, credit for three days served, 27 days converted to Department of Corrections supervised community service, 12 months community custody. On Feb. 8 Marquez pleaded guilty to knowingly and without lawful authority threatening to kill a law enforcement officer, placing the officer in a reasonable fear the threat would be carried out on Nov. 7.
- Larry T. Lawley, 46, 196 Apple Lane, Burbank, was sentenced Feb. 27 on one count each second-degree burglary and third-degree theft. The sentence included restitution to be determined, $200 in court costs, $79 in sheriff fees, $500 to the crime victims compensation fund, $775 in attorney fees, 360 days in the county jail with 220 days suspended, credit for 140 days served, 12 months probation. On Feb. 12 Lawley pleaded guilty to unlawfully entering or remaining in a building with the intent to commit a crime, and wrongfully obtaining or exerting unauthorized control over coiled wire with a value not exceeding $750 on Oct. 9.