Walla Walla County commissioners are Perry Dozier, Gregg Loney and Greg Tompkins. With all present Monday and today, the board voted as follows:
- library board: Approved appointment of Alice MacDonald to Walla Walla Rural Library District board. Unanimous.
- maintenance: Postponed action Monday on personal services contract with Pamp;H Welding. No action taken after company said today it had decided not to accept contract. Facilities manager to pursue other option.
- investments: Authorized county Treasurer Gordon Heimbigner to execute securities custody agreement with the Bank of NY Mellon to protect county investment purchases. Unanimous.
- roads: Opened bids for chip sealing material. After review by Public Works Department, contract was awarded today to Aamp;B Asphalt. Company was lowest of three bidders with offer of $135,825. Unanimous.
- bridge work: Awarded contract for Ennis Bridge culvert project to Contech Construction Projects of Spokane in amount of $20,295.61. Unanimous.
- solid waste: Approved request from Walla Walla City Manager Nabiel Shawa to move ahead with application for grant from state Department of Ecology to update the solid waste comprehensive plan serving the county and cities of Walla Walla, College Place, Waitsburg and Prescott. Unanimous.
- fairgrounds: Approved motion today to allow Fairgrounds Manager Cory Hewitt to enter into negotiations for purchase of property adjacent to the county fairgrounds. Unanimous