Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With all present Wednesday:
- PUBLIC WORKS: Passed resolution to create Starbuck Bridge project. Unanimous.
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT: Emergency Management director Bill Peters updated commissioners on changes in the dispatch center. The center moved from the jurisdiction of the Sheriff's Office to Emergency Management in February 2011.
- PUBLIC HEALTH: Learned there was one reported case of chicken pox in the county, but no subsequent cases have been reported.
- DISTRICT COURT: Discussed which fund will be tapped to pay for the move by District Court from the Courthouse to an office building at the Port of Columbia industrial park. The building, formerly occupied by the county engineer's office, will now house the court, including a courtroom and the Juvenile Justice office.
- LEOFF: Received copies of Whitman County's policies and procedures related to the Law Enforcement Officers and Fire Fighters' organization from Dayton mayor Craig George. City and county attorneys will review the documents, according to Commissioner Dwight Robanske.
- CLOSED SESSION: Met with Sheriff Walt Hessler in executive session to discuss personnel related to the dispatch center.
- LIQUOR LICENSE: Took no action, meaning there were no objections to renewal of a liquor license for Monteillet Fromagerie.