Garfield County Commissioners are Dean Burton, Wynne McCabe and Robert Johnson. With all present Monday commissioners:
- CAMPING POLICY: Passed a resolution adopting an RV camping policy for the Fairgrounds. Campers using the RV spaces will be charged $15 per day with a 15-day limit, or $300 per month if the longer stay is prearranged. The sites include water, electricity and use of the dump station. Unanimous.
- VEHICLE: Decided to charge departments the state mileage rate, which is currently 51 cents per mile, when using a new vehicle designated for out-of-town travel. Unanimous.
- PROPERTY TAX: Assessor Laura Smith told commissioners details of a recently passed state House bill that allows commissioners to adopt a one-time-only amnesty period for those who have failed to file personal property tax. The open period is until July 1, 2012.
- FINANCE: Treasurer Karen Roosevelt reported to commissioners that interest rates on invested County funds are extremely low. She also showed them an 8-page list of property taxes delinquent by one to three years. Most will be paid, auditor Donna Deal said this morning.
- STATE FUNDS: Learned the county will receive an estimated $391,271 from the state in county assistance funds. Originally the county was scheduled to receive $607,840, but state budget cuts have reduced the amount available to counties.