Fire on Pleasant Street likely caused by torch, official says

Advertisement
Map

Fire

Fire

WALLA WALLA – A fire Monday night at 1940 Pleasant St. was likely started by a propane bottle torch that may have malfunctioned, igniting a couch in the residence’s basement, according to Rocky Eastman, fire chief of Fire District 4.

Eastman said the fire was contained to the basement of the house, and caused roughly $35,000 in damage.

“There was pretty extensive smoke damage,” Eastman said, adding the house was uninhabitable due to the smoke.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

4 free views left!