New trial date set in robbery attempt, threats

Advertisement

WALLA WALLA — Trial has been delayed a second time for a man accused of arming himself with a gun in August, then threatening and demanding items from employees at a vineyard where he formerly worked.

Olsen Giovanny Perez Tello, 22, initially was set for trial Oct. 22. It then was postponed to next Monday and now is scheduled to start Dec. 17.

Perez Tello has pleaded innocent to two counts of first-degree attempted robbery and one count each of first-degree kidnapping and first-degree assault.

He reportedly went to the front gate of LesCollines Vineyard, 4137 Hood Road, about 5:30 a.m. on Aug. 7 in a vehicle with another male and two females.

Perez Tello got out of the car and twice held a gun to the head of Aldolfo H. Bautista while demanding money, according to a Sheriff’s Office report filed in court.

Perez Tello then allegedly held the gun to Ivan Ibarra’s head and said, “Give me your money and your car keys.”

At that point, Ibarra reportedly asked Perez Tello to allow him to drive his vehicle to the work site. Perez Tello accompanied Ibarra in the passenger side of Ibarra’s vehicle and continued to display his weapon, officials said.

After arriving, about a quarter mile east of the front gate, Perez Tello again allegedly demanded money and keys from Ibarra amid several other employees.

Ibarra refused, after which Perez Tello approached Jose Lemus-Ruiz, pointed the gun at his head and threatened to kill him, the Sheriff’s Office report says.

Perez Tello eventually left, but was apprehended Aug. 16 in the 200 block of South Ninth Avenue in Walla Walla. Bail later was set at $50,000.

Officials said Perez Tello was employed by the vineyard last year, but had been hanging around for a few weeks this summer, using bad language and threatening current employees.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

Click here to sign in
4 free views left!