Teen arrested in imprisonment, drug grow

WALLA WALLA — Police arrested an 18-year-old man on investigation of growing marijuana in his bedroom Monday morning after receiving a report of a potential hostage situation at 31 E. Walnut St.

According to documents presented in court this morning, Codi M. Powers had allegedly assaulted his 17-year-old girlfriend and then locked her in his bedroom for 45 minutes. Powers’ mother reported she could hear the girl yelling to be let out because she needed to go to school.

Powers had also attempted to pull the phone cord out of the wall to prevent anyone from calling police, according to the court documents.

When police arrived, officers discovered “numerous marijuana plants” in Powers’ room, along with grow lights, marijuana seeds and a wad of cash, approximately $200. Powers’ mother stated her son is not currently employed, according to police.

Powers was arrested on investigation of manufacturing marijuana and unlawful imprisonment, both felonies, and he could face other misdemeanor charges. A judge set bail at $20,000 this morning.

Comments

commonsense 1 year, 6 months ago

When you're growing weed or driving a stolen car you DON'T do anything to draw attantion to yourself. When will people learn?

FuzzyBear 1 year, 6 months ago

And mom had no idea he was growing it???????? Come on people.....if you believe that I have beach front property in Walla Walla I will sell you.

katijo 1 year, 6 months ago

In true form for this young "man", the pot was not his.......his brother brought it to the house the night before. I knew and hoped Codi would see the inside of a jail cell, but he didn't even make it 8 days beyond his 18th birthday.

mytwocents 1 year, 6 months ago

Possession is 9/10s of the law Katie Jo and it was in his room....

jkruchert 1 year, 6 months ago

Let's all remember that people are innocent until proven guilty and usually there are two sides to every story.

katijo 1 year, 6 months ago

Mytwocents: Make no mistake.....I was NOT defending this person. My intent was to let the world see his true colors. jkruchert: The child he assaulted happens to be my daughter. I have pictures as evidence to the abuse she has endured. I will never believe he is anything but guilty.