- Stand with your feet 3-4 feet apart. Hold a strap with your left hand. Rotate your left leg to the left, toes pointed to the left. Turn your right foot slightly in. Raise your left elbow behind your head, use your head to push your elbow back. Inwardly rotate your right shoulder and bring your right hand behind you in between your shoulder blades. Holding the strap with both hands, move them as close together as possible until you feel a stretch in your right shoulder.
- Inhale, lift your chest and, on an exhalation, bend your left knee. Keep bending your knee until it is directly above your ankle with your under thigh parallel to the floor. Be sure you distribute equal weight over both legs. Pause for three to six breaths. To come out of the pose, press down with your left heel and straighten your left knee. Release your left hand from the strap and repeat on the other side.
More like this story
- SIMPLY YOGA - Try rooting Tree Pose to counter push and pull of holiday season
- SIMPLY YOGA - On cats, kids and cocoons of comfort
- SOUND MIND, SOUND BODY: Stretches pay off now, later
- SOUND MIND, SOUND BODY: Good form a key to avoiding exercise injuries
- SIMPLY YOGA - Yoga pose offers antidote to stresses of busy holidays
0 free views left!