Here are some thoughts to jump start the economy and cut our deficit since our current administration has no idea what to do.
- Cut the pay of all federal politicians by 25 percent immediately. This includes the president, vice president, congressmen and cabinet members. For every year they fail to balance the budget or create a surplus reduce their incomes by 10 percent.
- Eliminate the Department of Energy. It hasn't accomplished anything in 40 years.
- Eliminate the Department of Education. This is a state responsibility.
- Eliminate Obamacare. Sorry, but we can't afford it no matter what the president says.
- Merge the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI. This would eliminate the duplication of administrators and paper pushers.
- Eliminate all the czars this president has appointed. Who needs them?
- Eliminate the Department of Health and Human Services. This should be a state responsibility.
- Eliminate all pensions for the above politicians. Let's get rid of professional politicians. We need regular citizens in government for a short period of time to restore common sense to it.
- Change the tax system so that everyone pays into it, even a little bit. If you don't pay taxes you don't have any skin in the game.
- Eliminate all foreign aid, except to Israel. If you don't support the U.S., you can't receive foreign aid from the U.S.
- Pull all of our troops out of Afghanistan, Iraq, South Korea and Europe. They can defend themselves.
- Drill, drill, drill. Let's insure the U.S. is not dependent on the Middle East for oil.
- Build the Keystone Pipeline. That equals jobs.
- No more federal bailouts of companies that can't stay competitive. Let the free market work.
- Cut federal tax rates for corporations and individuals. Corporate tax rate should be somewhere in the 15 percent to 20 percent range. Cut the individual tax rate so people have more money to spend.
- Eliminate the 99 week unemployment insurance. Why should anyone work if they can collect from the government?
These will not solve all of our problems, but they are steps in the right direction.
Oh, and just for the morale of the American people, the president is not authorized to bow to foreign leaders or apologize to foreigners for our foreign policy decisions. If they don't like it, don't call us when the next emergency hits. This country has sacrificed more for other countries than all the other countries in the world combined.