Mom proud of her honest son

In response (albeit bragging rights) to the letter, "Yes, there are honest people," in Sunday's paper, Ms. Daniels describes what every woman dreads, the loss of her purse at our local Walmart store. However, her story has a happy ending as she was able to recover her purse intact with all her credit cards and money.

The honest stockman to whom she refers in her letter is my son, Murphy. I just sensed it when I read her letter, and Murph confirmed that he had found a purse this past week and immediately turned it in to his supervisors at Walmart.

Happy shopper, great young man, super proud mom -- yes, all of the above!

Maureen Walsh

College Place

Comments

barracuda 1 year, 7 months ago

This story helps with the votes, huh?

Kevconpat 1 year, 7 months ago

We know Murphey! Nice grounded young guy. Looks like his upbringing allowed him to be an upstanding guy. Honest, too. Kudos to Ms Walsh. It's obvious she loves and is prous of all her children. As far as the comments go from "Barracuda" I think this "Fish" swims in the same dark murky waters as the Dayton women who proclaimed that Satan is laughing after Ms Walsh supported her daughter unconditionally. Wanting to see her daughter in love and married is absolutely wonderful. What I find sad is that if Satan is indeed laughing it is because the demon see's humans attacking other human beings; heck it's work done for him. How sad and pathetic. We should ALL be better then this. Solid in*Concrete!

tkmcgowen 1 year, 7 months ago

Murphy, Way to go on doing what you knew was the right thing to do! Maureen, you have a lot to be proud about when it comes to Murph! He is a great kid. Kelly is, no doubt, smiling ear-to-ear :-)

barracuda: shame on you for turning this political!

wwguy7 1 year, 7 months ago

This shouldn't be policitical. Maureen is a proud Mom, as she should be. Did she ever say "vote for me?" I don't think so. I guarantee you that she would give up her political career for her kids, any day of the week. She is a great woman, and did not write this letter for gain in her political career. Grow up!

barracuda 1 year, 7 months ago

Sorry... I should not have said it.
I should have kept my opinion just between me and my voters ballot. Sorry if I offended.

barracuda 1 year, 7 months ago

FYI.... My vote has nothing to do with her views in re: daughter. Her stance on Gay marriage is a good thing in my opinion!

wwguy7 1 year, 7 months ago

That's big of you to say. I think that attacking a proud Mom, who happens to be involved in politics, is out of line. She didn't mention anything about her politics. Based on past issues, it is very obvious that she is VERY PROUD of her children and their accomplisments.

greengirl 1 year, 7 months ago

Murph is a great kid, and I'd be proud if he were my son too. :)

grammaphyllis 1 year, 7 months ago

The outcome was great. A Purse returned to the owner, and an employee does the right thing, and a Mom is proud. Remember that cameras covering the parking lot help everyone make the right decisions. We need more cameras recording public places to help people with proper behavior. I am sure Murph would have done the right thing even without cameras recording all movements. Period. A while back a customer called the Police to report her purse stolen out of a Wal-Mart shopping cart and when the Officer responded, the Customer Service people showed him the purse had been retrieved and turned in by another customer. Case Closed. Purse Returned. Way To Go Murph!!

marketinsider 1 year, 6 months ago

After reading all the comments and the editorial, I get the impression that returning the purse was not the norm here in America anymore? That returning something that you find is unusal. I agree, it's not the same America anymore. And yes, in our "new America," with dishonesty rampant, someone should be proud of doing the right thing and get some well deserved credit.

jkruchert 1 year, 6 months ago

Great Job Murphy!! I personally know Maureen & Murphy and both are great people. Why does someone have to go and ruin a perfectly good story about a good deed? Murphy is a very polite and considerate young man and I am proud of him for what he has done. Well done Murph!!

barracuda 1 year, 6 months ago

Hey, jkruchert... I have already apologized for my .comments.... My gripe is with Ms Walsh on some of her stands on some issues close to me. It was not intended to be a negative against Murphy. And before you guys jump to her defense AGAIN... Let me say, It has nothing to do with her infamous speech on the floor of the Senate. That is one stand I am for.... So again, Forgive me, and stop the personal messages emailed to me. My opinions are between me and my voters card.

jkruchert 1 year, 6 months ago

Well if that is true, this story has NOTHING to do with politics. NOTHING. So keep the politics out of it. You started it!

barracuda 1 year, 6 months ago

I consider myself scolded.... And by the way... I WAS finished with it ... I apologised about 2 weeks ago....