Longtime College Place businessman, William F. “Bill” Perry, 93, passed away March 30, 2013, at Kadlec Regional Medical Center in Richland.
Bill was born Oct. 2, 1919, in Shedd, Ore., to Brian A. and Esther Cunningham Perry. He attended high school in Shedd. On March 6, 1938, he and E. Jane Apger married in Lebanon, Ore. He worked on a dairy farm, drove logging truck, owned and operated a service station and bulk fuel plant in Monroe, Ore., and owned a car dealership in Lebanon. The family moved to this area in 1960 from Lebanon and he owned and operated the Texaco station in College Place for many years.
He loved fishing and traveling in their motor home. He and his wife went on many mission trips for Maranatha Volunteers International, building churches and schools in Mexico. Following retirement, they built a home at Priest Lake, Idaho, and enjoyed living there for four years. He was a member of the Village Seventh-day Adventist Church, where he had served as a deacon as well as on the building committee.
Bill is survived by two daughters, Rita (Don) Zeigner of Walla Walla and Shirley Schmale of Coeur d’Alene; his son, Dale (Heather) Perry of Walla Walla; two sisters, Veva West and Martha (Ron) Griffin all of Albany, Ore.; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his wife, Jane, on June 17, 2012; three sisters; and one brother.
The graveside service will be 11 a.m., Thursday, April 4, 2013, at Mount Hope Cemetery. Pastor Roger Johnson will officiate. Memorial contributions may be made to Maranatha Volunteers International or Gospel Outreach through Mountain View-Colonial DeWitt, 1551 Dalles Military Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362.
Friends may write memories and sign the online guestbook at www.mountainview-colonialdewitt.com.