Cigarette blamed for house fire on Monday

Advertisement

WALLA WALLA – A fire reportedly caused by a smoldering cigarette butt reportedly caused an estimated $85,000 in damages to a single-family home at 1347 Callanan Drive on Monday.

According to a Deputy Fire Chief Brad Morris of the Walla Walla Fire Department, the fire started about 3:55 p.m. when a cigarette left in a container on the front porch set the front of the home ablaze.

Morris said a family of four was home when the fire broke out, but parents and children escaped unharmed. Four pets, two dog, two cats, also escaped uninjured, according to Morris.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

4 free views left!