Tree pitch on car irks downtown visitor

On April 28 my wife and several of her friends attended the Kirkman open house tour event in Walla Walla. Prior to the tour my wife parked her professionally detailed car on Main Street in front of Macy’s so she and her friends could get coffee at the nearby Starbucks. Upon returning (less than 30 minutes) to the car she was surprised to find it covered in pitch from the trees that line Walla Walla’s Main Street.

The bill to remove the pitch and return the car to the condition prior to the dripping pitch was $177. This was performed by the same professional detail service originally used.

This warning is to let people know that although the street, sidewalk and trees belong to the city of Walla Walla, it (and its insurer) have contended it has no responsibility and therefore is not willing to reimburse me for the damage its property caused.

Am I the only person to have experienced this issue?

Mike Cochrane

Kennewick

Comments

barracuda 9 months ago

Really?........... Are you going after the city for the "gifts" the birds left for you too? Somebody, please tell me this is a joke............. Wow...

paco1234 9 months ago

One hundred cars, only one pigeon! But $177.00 to remove the pitch? I'm afraid you were "drip-pitched" twice, my friend. Did you really try to collect from the City? It seems like they gave you the third pitch!

lycoldiva 9 months ago

Prime example of a First World Problem. I am seriously considering submitting this letter to www.whitewhine.com />

MC3 8 months, 4 weeks ago

I think it's a prime example.

MyFamNews 8 months, 4 weeks ago

The funny part is deciduous trees don't drip pitch, evergreens produce pitch. So, you have to know that it was aphid spit on his car, which can be removed with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge. He lives in an area noted for it's blowing dust, and few trees, so how does he ever keep his car clean without professional help. He has taken whining to a new level, for sure.

wa2wiccan 8 months, 4 weeks ago

macy's and starbucks are not local business's...the tree noticed and gave you a gift from the local merchants. who pays 170 for a carwash?

Jo99362 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Wow! Is he going to sue the Sun for causing UV damage to the paint job? Oh, and sue all the citizens of Walla Walla for causing air pollution that is making the inside of her car smell like something other than "professional detail" scent? Good thing it didn't rain, then there would be STREAKS on the car from the dust! Oh the horror!!!!

dogman12 8 months, 4 weeks ago

Yes, Mike. It is only you. Only you are so whipped by that wifie that you have to make a fool of yourself to prove to her you care about her whine.

Oh, did she approve the $177 re-detail? They sure know her well, don't they?

jennybuggs 8 months, 3 weeks ago

Man. You think too much of yourself. Are you going to sue over the bugs that get stuck to your bumper too? I have had pitch on my car, bird poop and frass from bugs eating the trees. I'd much rather keep the trees and the shade they give than freak out about a little sap (which I have never gotten on my car in Walla...). It is not hard to get it off yourself - stop being such a lazy pansy.