Bus facility is nice, but driver pay is not

Advertisement

This letter is in connection with our new school transportation facility. It has been a great thing for the bus drivers.

It’s nice and easy to park buses and our four mechanics do a great job on the buses now, rather than taking them to a place to get fixed. Dixie and Prescott are also served.

But you have to remember 80 percent of drivers are on very low income. Most drivers get enough to pay for medical insurance on our contract pay, some don’t even get that. The other 20 percent get only average income of $18,000 to $24,000 a year for a full-time driver.

We appreciate the new place but we would like better contracts to have a little to spend.

Jerry Knudson

Walla Walla

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

Click here to sign in