Electric blanket blamed for fire on Mojonnier Place

Advertisement
Map

Fire:

Fire:

COLLEGE PLACE — A fire damaged a bedroom in a home at 26 Mojonnier Place early today.

Rocky Eastman, Walla Walla Fire District 4 chief, said the fire was reported at 5:01 a.m. today.

The home’s tenant, Jennifer McCluskey, was awakened by a smoke alarm and discovered a bed in a downstairs bedroom was on fire. When an attempt to put the fire out was unsuccessful, she evacuated the house and called firefighters.

The fire was confined to the bedroom, but Eastman said he did not have a damage estimate this morning. The probable cause of the blaze was an electric blanket, he said.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment

Click here to sign in
4 free views left!