Primary election results are coming in for Walla Walla, Columbia and Garfield counties.
Highlights from the races include:
- Walla Walla County Sheriff John Turner will face Deputy Sgt. Tom Cooper in the general election. Deputy Sgt. Barry Blackman finished third in the preliminary count. Turner gained a plurality but not a majority in the race.
- Incumbent Walla Walla County Coroner Richard Greenwood will face ex-Coroner Frank Brown, who led Derek Hayden in the three-man race. Greenwood had a majority of the votes in the initial count.
- Barring a stunning reversal, Jim Duncan will face Dale Johnson in the general election for county commissioner, with ex-Coroner Stephen Ames finishing third in that race.
- In Columbia County, Merle Jackson and write-in candidate Dwight Richter will contest the open seat on the county commission, with Dain Nysoe eliminated.
- In Garfield County, the county commission race will see Stan Warren face Justin Dixon, with both men gaining more than double the vote totals of any of the three other candidates.
You can find the full slate of races and the numbers at here.