Letter - What is more disgusting than truth? Deception

In reply to Sue Flemming’s recent letter attacking Robert Phillips for telling the absolute truth. I am disgusted by her lack of knowledge (or honesty) regarding Tom Cooper’s habits.

Let me share some truthful facts. Tom Cooper has done the winter mountain hunting in Idaho and Blue Mountains while on a bad knee, which Phillips mentioned.

Cooper does frequent the bars, which I believe to be more often than most law enforcement officers. I have personally sat near him while he drank.

Yet, Flemming did not mention those facts.

To compare Sheriff John Turner having a glass of wine to Cooper’s drinking is amazingly filled with nonsense.

Flemming’s attack on Mr. Phillips is unwarranted and substantially untruthful. As for her statement that Sheriff Turner has been overspending the budget, it is disgraceful, at best.

Does she not have the common sense to inquire with the county Auditor’s or Clerk’s offices? It has even been published in the U-B that Sheriff Turner has returned budget money every year since being elected by the honest citizens (voters) of Walla Walla County.

Walla Walla County citizens should look into and verify truthful facts. Sheriff Turner has kept all his campaign promises. He has an open-door policy to discuss concerns with citizens.

Sheriff Turner’s volunteer foundation has returned two K-9s to Walla Walla County at no expense to taxpayers. He has instituted a 24/7 sheriff’s patrol coverage to ensure better security for citizens and Turner has returned part of his salary to taxpayers. Don’t buy into false information.

Walla Walla County, I am also smelling a rotten egg and it is those who don’t offer the entire truth and/or those who are simply friends of good ol’ boys and will say anything to defend them.

Join me, all county sheriffs in Washington state, a retired Superior Court judge and many other honest citizens who will vote to re-elect Sheriff John Turner.

Michael Donovan

Hillsboro, Ore.

Comments

janrocks 10 months, 1 week ago

I thought only WW County residents got to vote in this election....how can we join someone from Hillsboro and sheriffs from other counties?
Maybe join in supporting would be more accurate... However, as stated, Walla Walla County citizens should look into and verify truthful facts. I will see if I can find out if other county sheriffs will be voting in this election.

paulgwine 10 months, 1 week ago

Snarky! What the man is saying is that Sheriff Turner has been endorsed by every county sheriff in the state. No one is saying that they vote in this election. Snarky snarky snarky... and pointless.

janrocks 10 months, 1 week ago

agreed! snarky on purpose...thought it went with the theme of the letter above. Pointless being the point.

george136 10 months, 1 week ago

If people believed the negative things being said about Turner, most of which I know to be true, he wouldn't stand a chance of being re-elected. I say meet Tom Cooper yourself and make up your own mind about what you think of him. Tom's not as polished as Turner, but he doesn't have anything he needs to hide. I want to see Turner's personnel file from LAPD to understand why he really left there.

Chas 10 months, 1 week ago

That two of the longest serving Walla Walla Sheriff's Office deputies ran against Sheriff Turner tells me he doesn't manage people well. His former service with the LAPD doesn't impress me, except for his endless self-promotion.

That more than a few elected officials, many whom I know and trust, think the county needs a new sheriff, I'm swayed by their opinion.

downhillracer 10 months, 1 week ago

No, that tells us the old guard doesn't like progress. Those few - very few - elected officials fall into the same category. Turner has my vote, and the support of every sheriff in the state.

mythoughts 10 months, 1 week ago

Downhillrace Do you notice all the negative people against Turner always use general statements with no proof to substantiate them? That should tell everyone something.

barracuda 10 months, 1 week ago

What the term: endorsed by every sheriff in the state of Washington really means.....

The majority of the membership that are in good standing of the Washington State Sheriff association endorses Turner.

It does not mean that 100% of the Sheriff's is personally endorsing him.

It also does not mean any out of town voter is going to or attempting to vote in our local election.

mythoughts 10 months, 1 week ago

These Endorsements say a lot about a persons character and ability to do the job of Sheriff since these are Sheriff's. Also, we, as Walla Walla county residents should want our Sheriff to work with other Law Enforcement agencies to provide safety along state lines and within the city. The Milton - Freewater Law Enforcement, the Walla Walla Police Department, and our Sheriff's office all help each other and work together now.

cropcircles 10 months, 1 week ago

my thoughts - you continue to say there are no facts and that it is all innuendo or mudslinging. The facts continue to roll in. Look at the candidates website. ?Blackmen even left his open so that Turner couldn'T try and lie some more. As far as the endorsements go, who cares. How do we know those elected sheriffs aren't just as awful as turner.

PGAgolfer 10 months ago

I keep seeing this same old statement that Turner is endorsed by all of the Sheriff's in the state. What they are not saying is that the Washington Association of Sheriff's and Police Chiefs voted to endorse all incumbents. That is not a real endorsement that is just supporting the chronies in your club.

mythoughts 10 months ago

Blackman also listed numerous people on his website as supporters and had to take them down when those people found out he used their names without permission. How deceitful. I'm supposed to trust his judgement?