Letter writer might be pot calling kettle black

I have just read Greg Saterling’s opinion letter in the Union-Bulletin. His first sentence reads: “I have read many letters lately filled with hateful, intolerant and mean-spirited statements.”

That is his opinion, mine is that his opening sentence is an accurate description of his own letter.

Bob Ragsdale

Comments

MyFamNews 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Thanks Bob, I completely concur and it has been my experience that the far right conservatives are much more likely to display outrage over someone else's hateful and mean-spirited words, than they are to recognize their own.

namvet60 3 months, 2 weeks ago

MyFamNews - Yep - I'm sure happy to be a conservative and read the bitter comments of the Progressive Liberal Left Blowhards!!

namvet60 3 months, 1 week ago

For comparing the statement Progressive Liberal Left Blowhards with the statements being bandied about by the Progressives is hardly a case in point by (Mr. Nasty?)

MyFamNews 3 months, 1 week ago

You are serious, aren't you? You are also blind to the majority of the comments that you and other conservative 'patriots' post here and all over the internet blogs. 90% of them are name calling, posturing, and claiming to know all. I have yet to see a comment by our usual right wing letter writers and commentators that doesn't call somebody a nasty name and the includes you, sir. Remember when you point your finger at someone, three fingers are pointing back at you.

namvet60 3 months, 1 week ago

It's very nice of you to condemn only 90% which you obviously know that I will not agree with. You strategically leave out the other half of the commenters on these letters. I will say that the other half (Liberals) which out of the 110% that condemn everything that a conservative poster prints, do it with fervor which you seem to be blind about. Also if you read the comments posted after the conservative poster comments you would realize that the comments stated by the other half, that you forget about, cause rebuttal comments from the conservatives. I may state some inference to the person comdemning my posts but only in rebuttal to the previous posts. If you remember 9 times out of 10 when your holding up that finger those other 3 fingers are all attached to the same hand.

Nice try - but have a nice day.

downhillracer 3 months, 1 week ago

It's not "a nice try", is extraordinarily accurate, Mr. "Vet". Do you really thing ANYONE gives a tinkers damn what you have to say? Your circular logic has become quite amusing. You should seek help.

namvet60 3 months, 1 week ago

MyFamNews - I guess all you have to do is check the previous comment and that explains the true nature of "name calling, posturing, and claiming to know all". Again I rest my case.

paco1234 3 months, 2 weeks ago

In Psychology this is an antianxiety defense mechanism called projection in which the undesirable characteristics of the elocutor are projected upon others to feel better. It is better than Valium, usually lasting for a week or so...Mr. Sterling, are you there? He is still sedated!

pdywgn 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Finally! A medical diagnosis of the mental problems plagueing the Progressive Liberal Left. Right down to how long the drug stays in their system.