Letter - Support Tom Cooper for sheriff

Tom Cooper spoke to a group I am a member of recently. I was very impressed with his background, personality, goals, views on issues and résumé.

He possesses a significant amount of relevant experience, including 25 years in the local Sheriff’s Office, and excellent leadership qualities.

Mr. Cooper is intelligent, honest, fair, active in the community, nonpolitical and very concerned with public safety and the needs of the public.

He stated he will spend the taxpayers’ money wisely. His plans include the reinstatement of the G.R.E.A.T. (similar to D.A.R.E. but for gang prevention) and reserve officer programs, the hiring of bilingual officers, of which there are none (police have several), rotate deputies less frequently between 12-hour night and day shifts (WSU study shows this to be safer).

He also has a good heart, a love for our community and a desire to serve it well. I believe we should elect Cooper for sheriff.

Pamela Elliott

Chas 1 year, 4 months ago

Deputy Cooper's answer at the Chamber of Commerce Sheriff Debate at this website. Mr. Cooper's answer to "Greatest Failure?" won my respect, contribution, and recommendation.

Grandma76032 1 year, 4 months ago

Actually it made me think he was trying to use the death of Officer Estes for his own political advantage. He seems to be using the names of lots of dead people in his campaign. Very sad and cheap.

pamray@charter.net 1 year, 4 months ago

It was obvious that he was emotionally shaken telling the story of Deputy Estes and it is no secret that Mike Humphreys was very supportive of Tom's candidacy. What other deceased person are you referring to Grandma?

mythoughts 1 year, 4 months ago

I agree with you Grandma Using a deceased person to further your own agenda is terrible. How about using qualifications instead?

cropcircles 1 year, 4 months ago

Kind of like Turner's response regarding the UBs use of the scowling picture or using CAPTAIN when referring to Romine. He retired as a sergeant, being demoted by Turner for his gross neglect of the jail. Grandma would know this to be true since she is married to him

mythoughts 1 year, 4 months ago