Letter - You like your office, you keep your office

The affordable county-owned Community Service Center sounds a little like the Affordable Health Care Act; if you like your office, you can keep your office. Period!

Jim Irwin

Comments

namvet60 9 months ago

The only difference is that this office space is cheaper and has more control over what you derive from Obamacare with the same expense to the citizens.

chicoli 9 months ago

Jim/ namvet, I liked my private insurance and I did keep it. It happened to be Blue Cross with an exellent comprehensive coverage. It cost my family around $600 a month. But if you have a cheap $15-20 a month helth policy that covers practically nothing, and then expect us, the tax payers to cover your ER visits, your medications, etc, you're ipso facto cheating all of us. Just read the fine print on your cheap insurance! The law says that, as a responsible citizen, you must have reasonable health coverage. Therefore the answer is, no, you cannot keep your cheap, useless insurance, even if you "like" it. However, if you need help to pay for a good, reasonable insurance, the government has ways to help you out.

namvet60 9 months ago

paco - being facetious is one thing but interjecting stupidity is your way of trying to intervene with knowledge.

chicoli 9 months ago

Facetious? Namvet, you don't even know what facetious means, therefore you're using it inapropriately. I see you stumbling all over the paper in an effort to sound highfalutin, when in fact what you're doing is giving away your simpleton side of your intelect.

carcrazy 9 months ago

My oh my, we're just full of compliments today aren't we. I thought you were going to change your method of response to a kinder and gentler one.

namvet60 9 months ago

paco - you might improve your credibility if you got rid of that pre-Bay of Invasion of the Pigs computer and used some of your military pension to buy a computer with spell check on it? Until that time your comments are very immaterial and embarrassing for an adult.

chicoli 9 months ago

"Quien al cielo escupe, en la cara le cae"

namvet60 9 months ago

I live in America where I (speak) and (understand English)! Is that your problem - you don't comprehend the English language?

If you read my first comment I was referring to myself being facetious and it was used correctly. Obviously your comprehension has something to be desired along with your spelling.

Have a nice day wherever you are.

chicoli 9 months ago

My oh my...you still don't know how to use facetious in a sentence. For the sake of covering your ass you're willing to dig yourself even deeper in your misunderstanding and inappropriate use of this word!

namvet60 9 months ago

paco - I'm on high ground and you are running out of oxygen you are so deep. Your comments just keep getting more ridiculous and your ridicule has not a layer of surface to stand on. Maybe you should really invest in that new computer?

PearlY 9 months ago

Paco, my private insurance covered exactly what I wanted it to cover - unpredictable major expenses. It just didn't cover routine care like check-ups - things I could budget for. It had a reasonable deductible ($1500), a huge network, and it wasn't "cheap" but it was also much less than what worse policies cost now under Obamacare.

And in 36 years of carrying it, I never once forced the taxpayers pick up ANY of my costs.

No more. Now, since they've insisted, I've obtained a policy through the exchange which covers a bunch of stuff I don't need, and I'm letting the taxpayers pay for about 85% of the premium. Apparently, that's what they wanted to do, and the policy has much higher deductibles, co-insurance, out of pocket, etc, and I'll have to go out of network for most of my routine care, so I guess it's only fair they should pay for screwing up my policy. It doesn't feel very comfortable, though. I'd rather pay my own way for my own decisions, not force other people to pay my way for their decisions about me.