In his speech last week outlining his plans to use military force against the jihadists of the Islamic State, President Obama gave Congress only passing mention. “I have the authority to address the threat from ISIL,” he said. “But I believe we are strongest as a nation when the president and Congress work together.”
1927 - 2014
Milton-Freewater resident Lucille A. Schmeier, 86, died Sept. 13
The lights are shining brightly. I feel them on my face. I look into the crowd and I try to recognize the faces, but the lights are too bright to see. I feel the heat on my face. My heart starts to race, my palms are sweaty, and my legs are shaking.
Curiosity has reached the base of Mount Sharp. The Mars rover’s wheels are now on material that is part of the mountain, material different from the type Curiosity landed on two years ago.
Facts and tips on water usage and conservation are presented weekly by the City of Walla Walla, in partnership with Walla Walla Community College and the Union-Bulletin.
- Letter - Accept reality of climate change; seek solutions to problem now 21 comments
- Tenants being signed for rebirth of Walla Walla mall 16 comments
- Letter - Human CO2 emissions are insignificant 55 comments
- Letter - McMorris Rodgers out of touch; vote Pakootas 6 comments
- Letter - If deputy doesn’t like 12-hour shifts — quit 5 comments
- Letter - Unattended motor vehicle law prompts question 26 comments