The federal Corporation for National and Community Service named Whitman College to the 2012 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the sixth time.
During the next few weeks the four brightest planets -- Jupiter, Venus, Mars and Saturn -- will be visible during the night. These planets are brighter than the stars, with Venus being the brightest. This is a great time to go planet hunting.
Last month I explained the phases of the moon and asked you some questions, which I will answer at the end of this article.
If you look to the south-southeast just after dark, about halfway up from the horizon you will see what looks like a very bright star. It is on the border between the constellations of Pisces and Aries. But this is not a star; it is the planet Jupiter. Ea
- NBC hypocritical with its violent shows 12 comments
- District does nothing to stop bullying in schools 2 comments
- Tough love for the poor 22 comments
- Walla Walla church offers itself up as warming center 3 comments
- Altering filibuster rules could haunt Democrats some day 13 comments
- Writer labeled Republicans; here’s what liberals are 7 comments