The U.S. tax code should be stable, a document taxpayers (or their accountants) can count on for long-range planning purposes.
The Yakama Nation has reason to be upset with the decision by Congress to allow public access to the summit of Rattlesnake Mountain, the tribe’s sacred land.
It’s rare when U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Mars — err, Seattle — takes a political stand we can fully embrace, McDermott is so liberal it’s almost like he is from another planet.
Years ago, I was on a TV pundit panel when the subject of torture came up. It has stayed with me because it was one of those moments when you wonder how much you understand your own country.
The Social Security Administration seems to be run by a few disingenuous, irrational knuckleheads.
Now is the time for the Walla Walla Rural Library District board of directors to rethink the wisdom of its plan to build a central library in the Walla Walla-College Place urban area. The concept made no sense when it was proposed two years ago and nothing has changed to justify its construction.
Leon Delong sure wasn’t aiming to become king of an underground empire.
- Letter - Global warming hypothesis should not be accepted 23 comments
- Senate report: Spokane psychologists paid $80 million for torture program 26 comments
- Inslee budget proposal to include $1B in new revenue 30 comments
- Letter - Our world more complicated and violent 21 comments
- Letter - The bully class needs to do more than carp 2 comments
- Letter - Letter denying ‘global warming’ draws comment 4 comments