WAITSBURG — Waitsburg voters will be asked to approve a two-year, $1.08 million school district maintenance and operations levy in February.
The East End Rod and Gun Club nearly doubled its membership to 800 over the last year.
MILTON-FREEWATER — A surge in gun sales nationally and in the Walla Walla Valley over the past year has led to explosive growth at the East End Rod and Gun Club.
WALLA WALLA — A man who recently was acquitted of assaulting a Walla Walla police detective by pointing a gun at him last year was handed a suspended jail sentence this morning for striking a Benton County sheriff’s deputy about three months later.
But the Walla Walla County panel did find Steven Hackett guilty of pot possession
WALLA WALLA — A Superior Court jury this week was unable to decide unanimously whether a Spokane man is guilty of helping leave marijuana for distribution on the grounds of the Washington State Penitentiary in June.
WALLA WALLA — For many of those who have that impossible person to buy for still on the shopping list, a hand-painted soup bowl might that helps fund community needs might be what you need.
Pomeroy City Council
WALLA WALLA — A Wreaths Across America ceremony to honor military and Merchant Marine veterans will be held 9 a.m. Saturday at Mountain View Cemetery in Walla Walla.
Athena City Council
WALLA WALLA — The Moms’ Network of Walla Walla is again sponsoring the Holiday Reading Room at the Walla Walla Public Library.
Emergency Services - 12/11/13
Port of Walla Walla commission
A joint birthday party will be hosted from 2-5 p.m. Sunday for Lois Kathryn “Peg” Shaul, 100, and son-in-law Daniel “Dan” Preas, 95, at 1141 Sentry Drive in College Place.
DAYTON — The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office says anyone still missing property from a recent car prowl spree should make a formal report.
Law enforcement officials often notice an increase in crime during the holidays.
WALLA WALLA — At a Council work session this week, downtown merchants made it clear they want an Alder Street angled parking plan to go for the max.
Friends To Follow
- Merchants on board with Alder Street angled parking 5 comments
- Wind power must stand on its own 7 comments
- District does nothing to stop bullying in schools 9 comments
- NBC hypocritical with its violent shows 16 comments
- Walla Walla launches Open City Hall Web page 1 comment
- Altering filibuster rules could haunt Democrats some day 13 comments
- Furry Fridays for 12/6
- Obamacare: hopes, fears and wants in the Valley
- Dayton chalk artist Ben Huwe
- Recess Monkey
- Walla Walla fireworks show
- Sights and sounds from the Fourth 1 comment
- Father's Day rally for immigration reform
- Wild Scallions
- Vista Hermosa violin performance
- Memorial Day fundraising walk