MILTON-FREEWATER — The Milton-Freewater School Board is seeking a candidate to fill the board member position recently vacated by Dennis Burks. The appointee will serve until the next election or through June 30, 2015.
DAYTON — The Port of Columbia will host an open house for a new artisan food center Wednesday.
Port of Columbia
Emergency Services - 12/10/13
Garfield County received $59,850 in grant funds from the Harold and Helen Shepherd Foundation.
Garfield County commission
Waitsburg School Board
WALLA WALLA — Organizations in Walla Walla, Columbia and Garfield counties have been granted more than $1.25 million for regional salmon recovery projects.
Walla Walla County
COLLEGE PLACE — The City Council Monday moved to close the city’s Municipal Court and contract its cases to Walla Walla County District Court.
Athena-Weston School Board
Columbia County Commissioners will hold a special meeting Wednesday.
Weston City Council
WALLA WALLA — The first night, Friday, there were four. The next night, eight people showed up. And on Sunday, when the warming station at First Congregational Church was supposed to be over and done with, a dozen people came in out of the cold, said the Rev. Cecilia McKean.
WALLA WALLA — A defendant who admitted involvement in attacks on two men outside an Eastgate restaurant in May was handed a suspended sentence Monday afternoon in Walla Walla County Superior Court.
Friends To Follow
- District does nothing to stop bullying in schools 6 comments
- NBC hypocritical with its violent shows 13 comments
- Wind power must stand on its own 2 comments
- Tough love for the poor 22 comments
- Agencies in region gain salmon funding 1 comment
- Altering filibuster rules could haunt Democrats some day 13 comments
- Furry Fridays for 12/6
- Obamacare: hopes, fears and wants in the Valley
- Dayton chalk artist Ben Huwe
- Recess Monkey
- Walla Walla fireworks show
- Sights and sounds from the Fourth 1 comment
- Father's Day rally for immigration reform
- Wild Scallions
- Vista Hermosa violin performance
- Memorial Day fundraising walk