Watkins is our choice because of his experience in business and with performance audits.
State Auditor Brian Sonntag has been an outstanding state auditor for Washington.
The two candidates for state attorney general are extremely well-qualified. Voters can’t go wrong electing Democrat Bob Ferguson or Republican Reagan Dunn.
Charter schools under Initiative 1240 would provide options for students whose needs are not met by traditional schools.
The top priority of most citizens in Washington state is to improve education. It’s the right priority.
Approving Referendum 74 would allow gays to continue to obtain state civil marriage licenses. It does not force churces to perform gay marriage.
We have consistently taken strong stands in favor of gay rights and, specifically, efforts to ensure homosexuals are not discriminated against. We have also been advocates for committed same-sex couples to have the same legal protections and benefits of committed heterosexual couples.
Engrossed Senate Joint Resolution 8221’s ballot title reads more like the fine print on a loan.
Marijuana is illegal under federal law. That won't change if Initiative to the Legislature 502 is approved.
Legalizing marijuana in Washington state is a bad idea. We urge voters to reject Initiative to the Legislature 502.
Initiative 1185 essentially stops the Legislature from overriding the tax-increase requirement for two years.
We have historically opposed initiative activist Tim Eyman’s efforts to handcuff the Legislature’s ability to govern. We saw them as unnecessary in a representative government where lawmakers are elected to carry out the will of the people.
Friends To Follow
- Letter - McMorris Rodgers out of touch; vote Pakootas 8 comments
- Letter - Lack of leadership, accountability at Sheriff’s Office 1 comment
- Cantwell’s call to eliminate Redskins name might succeed 1 comment
- Letter - Accept reality of climate change; seek solutions to problem now 21 comments
- Tenants being signed for rebirth of Walla Walla mall 16 comments
- Letter - Human CO2 emissions are insignificant 55 comments