Cheryl Roberts has been busy traveling around Shoreline and Lake Forest Park touting a very good idea she brought with her from Oregon when she took over as Shoreline Community College president.
The Northwest Detention Center is a large, privately operated detention facility in the Tacoma Tideflats that has been in the news a lot this past year.
This week Gov. Jay Inslee signed into law legislation that allows a second medical school in Washington state.
The state budget is a long way from being settled as the Democrat-controlled House and the Republican-controlled Senate fire politically charged salvos from one side of the Capitol to the other (metaphorically speaking) trying to sway public opinion to their spending plan.
When the federal minimum wage was created in 1938, the Great Depression was lifting. Congress approved the minimum wage as a way to protect workers who did not have significant bargaining power.
- Letter - Approaches to global warming worth debating 39 comments
- State passes legislation aimed at 'patent trolls' 2 comments
- Comission rescinds chief deputy’s 20.4 percent pay raise 3 comments
- Letter - Religion and government should not mix 2 comments
- Letter - Snake River dams must go 6 comments
- Letter - Comment offered on ‘Being Gay in SDA’ 18 comments