Regarding the proposed U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ clear-cutting of trees and brush from Mill Creek levees and 15 feet beyond, please ask yourself, your friends, your representatives and the Corps the following questions:
Donald Trump is a lot of things, but circumspect isn’t one of them. He shoots from the lip. And that’s why it’s not surprising he used an irresponsible and unfounded anecdote linking vaccines with autism at last week’s Republican debate.
The people behind Washington state’s charter schools have vowed to keep them open for this school year, which is the least of what should happen in the wake of the state Supreme Court’s ruling that the voter-approved setup is unconstitutional. From here, the Legislature should invoke its power to amend ballot initiatives and find a fix that resolves the legal questions.
A Republican lawmaker wants the law to require state Supreme Court justices to recuse themselves from cases if they’ve received campaign contributions of $1,000 or more from those involved.
- Letter - Wow, City Council members get so wise so quickly 7 comments
- County votes to stay silent on levee clearing 10 comments
- Letter - We must dig deeper for answers to gun violence 4 comments
- Letter - Stand up and protect nation from tragedy 8 comments
- Editorial - It is time to regulate online fantasy games 3 comments
- Letter - All rights should be responsibly respected 6 comments