We see in the Sept. 10 issue of the U-B that nothing will stop the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers from its plans. The Corps was gracious in acknowledging all those who wrote about the silliness of its plans, but heck, it can do it and it will do it.
It was disappointing but not surprising to read local U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Commander Timothy R. Vail’s defense of the ill-conceived, destructive and unnecessary clear cutting of trees and vegetation from the Mill Creek levees.
The Democratic Party has not always been this way.
Your opinion in Sept. 10 paper “goes much too far!”
- Letter - Does US have commitment to liberty? 16 comments
- Letter - Corps needs to delay its Mill Creek levee project 4 comments
- Students describe horror of Oregon college shooting 1 comment
- Letter - Kentucky clerk has law on her side 8 comments
- Letter - Let US Army Corps of Engineers do its job 7 comments
- Editorial - Kentucky clerk can’t stay out of the spotlight 6 comments