March 8, 2014
March 8, 2014
The Missionaries withstand a second-half spurt by Whitworth to take a 73-67 win in Division III tourney.
The Wildcats led from the get go, fought off a late Pirate charge that cut the lead to two and pulled away for a 59-46 win and their first 1B state title.
C.J. Wilox scores a game-high 24 points on Senior Day to lift UW past the Trojans.
Sure, the No. 3 Wildcats fell 64-57 in the regular-season finale Saturday to the Oregon Ducks, but the postseason was about to start.
Bobbi Hazeltine knows what it takes to win an NWAACC Championship — first hand and vicariously.
The DeSales girls basketball team clinched its best finish in school history on Saturday. The Irish defeated Morton-White Pass, 55-34, in State Class 2B girls basketball trophy round action. The win earned the Irish their best finish ever with a fourth place trophy.
The Walla Walla Community College baseball team found two different ways to beat Olympic College here Saturday afternoon.
The Mount Hood Community College softball team rattled the bats here Saturday afternoon to the tune off eight home runs and 27 runs in a doubleheader against Walla Walla.
Seattle’s Chad Barrett scores in stoppage time to give the Sounders a 1-0 win over Sporting KC.
Roberto Nelson scored six of his 15 points in overtime, including the go-ahead free throw with 2:50 remaining, to pace Oregon State to a 78-76 victory over Arizona State Saturday.
Sports Social Feed
- Letter - Need for Wa-Hi science building questioned 4 comments
- Insurers: ACA demands full reimbursement for kids' eyewear 1 comment
- Senate rejection of Obama nominee troubling, chilling 5 comments
- Wa-Hi science building to go to voters 10 comments
- Letter - Unintended consequences of legal marijuana 1 comment
- Washington state should not abolish the death penalty 14 comments