March 8, 2014
March 8, 2014
The Eagles are now one win away from a guaranteed spot in the Big Sky tournament.
Seattle Sounders FC continues preparing its roster for the Major League Soccer season opener with new signings and word from coach Sigi Schmid that designated player Clint Dempsey “will play a role” Saturday at home against Sporting Kansas City.
DaShaun Wiggins scored 20 points and Gary Winston added 18 points as Portland State defeated Big Sky Conference-leading Weber State 66-59 Thursday night.
Connor Hill paced Idaho with 27 points and hit two key free throws with seconds remaining in helping Idaho edge Chicago State 79-76 on Thursday night.
A UC Santa Barbara basketball fan ran on the court and confronted Hawaii coach Gib Arnold during the Gauchos’ 86-77 victory over the Rainbow Warriors.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski was out of the hospital and at practice with No. 4 Duke after feeling light-headed during a loss at Wake Forest Wednesday night.
The Denver Broncos released cornerback Champ Bailey after 10 seasons with the team.
Michelle Ferenz is excited and happy that her Whitman College women’s basketball team has the opportunity to host an NCAA Division III regional tournament this weekend at Sherwood Center.
The annual ‘Ride Against Child Abuse’ runs Friday through Sunday.
Kyle Korver’s streak of 127 games with a 3-pointer ends in the loss.
Sports Social Feed
- Senate rejection of Obama nominee troubling, chilling 5 comments
- Letter - Need for Wa-Hi science building questioned 4 comments
- Wa-Hi science building to go to voters 10 comments
- Insurers: ACA demands full reimbursement for kids' eyewear 1 comment
- Letter - Unintended consequences of legal marijuana 1 comment
- Washington state should not abolish the death penalty 14 comments