April 20, 2015
April 18, 2015
April 19, 2015
April 20, 2015
Kris Bryant drew a standing ovation after blooping an RBI single for his first major league hit, and reached base five times Saturday as the Chicago Cubs beat the San Diego Padres 7-6 in 11 innings.
Troy Merritt fires a 2-under 69 in the third round to take a three-stroke lead at the RBC Heritage.
The Blue Devil boys down Chiawana, 5-2, while the girls are edged, 4-3.
Walla Walla High School senior Madelyn Sirmon signed her National Letter of Intent on Thursday to attend and compete on the women’s track and field team at Utah State University.
A five-hour time limit expires for many Class B golfers in the five-school tournament on Thursday.
The McLoughlin High School boys tennis team swept Riverside on Thursday, while the Pioneer girls scored a 7-3 win over the Pirates.
The Milton-Freewater Municipal Golf Course will close Monday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to host a senior golf tournament for the Eastside Columbia Blues senior golf group.
After an offseason that led to high expectations, the Seattle Mariners are 3-6 and in last place in the AL West. Manager Lloyd McClendon says the starting pitching needs to improve, and isn’t overly worried.
Seattle selected guard Jewell Loyd with the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday’s WNBA draft.
A landmark day for the new-look Storm took place, fittingly, in a venue undergoing similar change.
Sports Social Feed
- FBI overstated forensic hair matches in nearly all criminal trials for decades 1 comment
- Comission rescinds chief deputy’s 20.4 percent pay raise 2 comments
- Editorial - Local traffic woes across state fuel transportation plan 1 comment
- Letter - Religion and government should not mix 1 comment
- Letter - Approaches to global warming worth debating 39 comments
- Letter - Snake River dams must go 6 comments