At this time, what's your thinking on the race for Walla Walla County sheriff?

Firmly John Turner 1440 votes

57.44%

Leaning John Turner 81 votes

3.23%

Firmly Tom Cooper 955 votes

38.09%

Leaning Tom Cooper 21 votes

0.84%

Truly undecided 10 votes

0.40%

2507 total votes

Comments

kc 3 months, 1 week ago

I believe that our current Sheriff has done a superb job for our county.
John Turner is a man of integrity, he is honost, intelligent, hard working. John keeps well informed on all issues that effect the law and the citizens of Walla Walla County.

CoachG 3 months, 1 week ago

Vote for Sheriff John Turner == The Sheriff we already trust! The only Sheriff candidate to participate in all of the debates. The candidate with the experience, street smarts, and determination to make Walla Walla safe for our families. Sheriff Turner is the only candidate with a platform for 2015 and beyond. He is the only candidate with endorsements listed on his website and the only candidate that has answered the hard and fast questions presented to him by his opponent with facts. No mudslinging on Turners part, no negative campaigning and the only candidate to understand and follow the Code of Ethics for local elections.

billmov601 3 months, 1 week ago

My wife and I voted for Sheriff John Turner. There was no question that he was the best qualified for the job. In his three and one - half years he has vastly improved the education, equipment and safety of the staff. He has also made walla Walla County residents safer. You can rely on Sheriff John Turner. Vote for Sheriff John in November!

paulgwine 3 months, 1 week ago

Despite the slanted anti-Turner coverage provided by the U-B, this poll would seem to better reflect the actual feelings of the voters. It would be shameful to lose a man with his intelligence, integrity and track record due to small town, back door, good old boy politicking.

CoachG 3 months, 1 week ago

Cooper **fair warning, we figured out what you are doing.......

mythoughts 3 months, 1 week ago

This is such a in accurate poll. It won't even let me vote one time.

barracuda 3 months, 1 week ago

FYI.... Vote, log out and wait a few days, It will allow you to vote again.... Just like all of the past polls on the U.B. site. I would say this is far from accurate!

campbell_rd 3 months, 1 week ago

Why not do an accurate poll, one that honestly picks the feelings of the voters? This poll that allows people to vote many times and doesn't allow some to vote at all is pretty worthless.

We can do better than this in Walla Walla.

barracuda 3 months ago

THIS IS NOT ACCURATE!!!! All you have to do is sign off.... And delete your cookies and then re-log in and then you can recast your vote.

I just logged in.... And it prompted me to cast a vote. Full discloser.... I voted again!

This poll just grew over 500 votes in 24 hours.... REALLY? Most all of the polls in the last year have not had 500 votes total.....

It is allowing multiple votes per candidate..... Don't put too any stock any of these polls...

barracuda 3 months ago

Actually, it is closer to 700 votes in the last 24hrs.....

I would guess there aren't that many readers of this site.

CoachG 3 months ago

Interesting: kinda like the first UB Straw Poll that had a different result, but no one questioned that poll. Turner wins==complain that the poll isn't accurate. Cooper wins==broadcast the news and boost the he is the winner. Par for the course.

tinstar 3 months ago

A very inaccurate poll. You can vote as many times as you want. What is turner sitting at his computer voting for himself.

CoachG 3 months ago

I don't understand why you (tinstar & barracuda) say people "can vote as many times as they want". I tried to vote a second time and got this message ----- On the UB straw poll page: We didn't record your vote, because you or someone from your computer's address or network has already voted. Guess I just don't get it.

barracuda 3 months ago

1 way to vote multiple times is: sign out...... Wait awhile ......... and take the pole again..... I just was asked to vote again......... Then I signed back in.

cropcircles 3 months ago

Not hard ti vote more than once