Building a new pool or water park at the site of the now defunct Memorial Pool is being considered again. Five plans are being looked at. Which one do you prefer?

Keep the same pool configuration. ($2.9 million) 29 votes

38.16%

Expand to a 50-meter-by-25-yard pool. ($3.47 million) 4 votes

5.26%

Reduce to a 25-meter-by-25-yard pool and build a separate children’s pool. ($4.44 million) 0 votes

0.00%

Expand to 50-meter-by-25-yard pool and build a separate children’s pool.$5.7 million 5 votes

6.58%

Hybrid multipurpose competition pool and aquatics park.(Cost not yet determined) 29 votes

38.16%

None of the above 9 votes

11.84%

76 total votes

Comments

wwkaraoke 5 months ago

If Milton Freewater can afford (which I might say almost breaks even) a aquatic park style pool we certainly can. If you"re older and do not have kids then shame on you for not supporting it. do we not have a senior center. maybe when the senior center is up again for a vote families will get out in vote in force to defeat that

namvet60 5 months ago

Obviously you don't plan on aging?

Ropehorse 5 months ago

And by the above vote numbers, we have 12 (so far) idiots who would vote to build something that we do not even know a projected cost, or even a guess !! No wonder this continues to get shot down !!

barracuda 5 months ago

I would bet those 12 are non-home owners... Betting on that it would be at no cost to the rent in our town.

fatherof5 5 months ago

I am a home owner. The "non-home owners" assumptions are pretty obnoxious to those of us who actually do support projects for kids that we would have to pay for. I support the aquatic center because: 1) There were specific costs a couple of years ago that were doable, including a lot of private money; 2) Unlike the other options, the studies show the aquatics center will be self-sustaining once it is built; 3) I take my kids to the aquatics centers in smaller communities of Pendleton, Milton-Freewater, and Moses Lake. It is great, healthy summer entertainment for kids at affordable prices. If those communities can do it for their kids, we can do it for ours.

thrifty 5 months ago

It seems that most that want a pool want one built by someone else. Thus cost is no object. I personally would rather see my tax money spent on necessities like street repairs. It would be nice to see our city government direct their attention toward long term necessities that the city needs rather than objects that might assure their re-election.