Jump to content
NewinWW............ Re: "What I find particularly odd is that the right is all about respect for the uniform, the office, the service; yet none of that extends to Obama. Perhaps you can explain to me why that is?"
But the reason is clear for me, but I can only answer for myself..... Here is a small portion of my opinion on the matter.
When a person joins a Police, military etc, They are vetted by the training, background checks etc. They're whole history is open to inspection. As for respect? The shear amount of training for their job is impressive. Can there be "bad eggs" hired by mistake? Sure, as with all jobs and job candidates, there are mistakes. We see it all of the time.... Even the elections of some POTUS was a mistake. How do you feel about the Bush's? They both had flaws. I don't feel Obama was vetted very well in the mainstream media, leading to some votes due to un-educated voters.
As for this POTUS....... I found a good example of my concerns.... There s a version of this list in 30 plus websites... I find the very last one particularly deplorable.
• First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
• First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
• First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States.
• First President to violate the War Powers Act.
• First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
• First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
• First President to spend a trillion dollars on “shovel-ready” jobs when there was no such thing as “shovel-ready” jobs.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
• First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
• First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
• First President to tell a CEO of a major corporation (Chrysler) to resign.
• First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
• First President to cancel the National Day of Prayer and to say that America is no longer a Christian nation.
• First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
• First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
• First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke out on the reasons for their rate increases.
• First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
• First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
NewinWW...... I find it deplorable to have every little criticism of this POTUS blamed on race.... Can anyone honestly believe any criticism is due to him being a "non-Caucasian"...
You just had to just throw the race bait card in.... Amazing! But, you still have not answered my question....
If Dr Carson becomes POTUS.......... Will you criticize him or will you show him respect? Will the fact that you are concerned about race before substance come into play then as well?
And I will add one more question.... If we dare to not vote for Obama Jr. better known as Hillary, are we going to be sexist then too?
As for your question on respect for POTUS... see below...
Since the race issue just came up, thank to NewinWW....
After the last few months of great decisions made by POTUS, How can anyone say the only reason conservatives disagree with him is due to race?
So, if this is truly how you feel, and if Dr Carson becomes POTUS.......... Will you criticize him or will you show him respect? Will the fact that you are concerned about race before substance come into play then as well?
RE: HAHAHAH He linked an opinion piece
If one is a "opinion" piece... you have to admit they both are... Just saying!
1st of all....... This rebuttal entry is not towards one side or the other of this case.
If you were to read the Seattle Times regularly you would have seen articles on both sides to this story. Both wrote first hand by the people involved, so they are not opinion piece's, but wrote of first hand knowledge of this case.
This above WW Union Bulletin "Opinion" piece was originally wrote by the plaintiffs in the case, Curt Freed & Robert Ingersoll as a special to The Seattle Times on Oct. 31, 2015. And the editors of the UB then used the piece in the WWUB on November 7, 2015.
And in a seemly rare occasion (these days) on Nov. 9th, the Seattle Times posted the Defendant's, Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene’s Flowers side (opinion as it was called above), explaining her side of the story.
To date, the WWUB has not run the companion piece. It is really sad they have chosen to run only one side of this story. And because of that, obviously they are trying to steer all of us readers to one side of the story.
All news outlets should try to be fair and run both sides of a story and let us, the readers, form our own opinions.
baalhaven.......... Just FYI....... Both pieces originally ran in the Seattle Times and they were wrote first hand by the parties involved in the lawsuit. So to say my linked piece is just a opinion piece is the same as saying this piece above is just a opinion piece too.
Both pieces are directly out of the Seattle Times.... But it seems that WWUB obviously decided to only run one view of the suit and not both.........
While we see our Vets struggle just to be seen by Doctors, the VA workers get rewarded for their work......... Check this story about our great V.A....
Actually they did run a rebuttal..........
RE your statement: If simply owning a piece of land gives you the right to build whatever you want, then what's to prevent some entrepreneurs from building a pot store, a strip club, an anthrax lab and a sewage treatment plant next to your house?
Please revue the big blowup in WWUB regarding the zoning of the land at 125 @ Myra and the building of a big box store, what every one hoped was Costco...
It appears in WW valley it only takes some good lawyers and you can change land zoning and you get to build what you want on your own land.
Why would I want to pay for someone else's mortgage? When I could pay for my own? If a store is empty, it might mean he wants to much for rent. Check out the BLue Mt Mall. Rumors have it Fast Eddies was able to buy and build for less then the mall wanted to up the rent...
Actually, in this instance, the term "Liberty" does mean that you get to build what you want to build on your own property. (within zoning limits)
There is so many things wrong with that statement I will just
Last login: yesterday
2015 Best Of The Best Winners
The latest wine and dine news.
The Valley's people, wine & food.
Find your way around the Valley.
Contents of this site are © Copyright 2015 Union-Bulletin, 112 S. First Ave., Walla Walla, WA 99362/509-525-3300. All rights reserved.